Bill to legalize gay marriage moves to Illinois Senate floor
February 5, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A measure to legalize gay marriage in Illinois has cleared a State Senate committee.
The bill will move to the Senate floor where supporters believe it has the votes to pass.
That could happen as early as next week but it has different wording than an earlier measure.
To satisfy Republican objections, the measure legalizes gay marriage but says places of worship would not be forced to conduct marriage ceremonies.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 46 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado 39 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 50 min ago
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 2 min ago
- Lucas, Hobson donate $25M to After School Matters 52 min ago
- Atheists erect 8-foot 'A' in Chicago to mark holidays
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
39 min ago