Bill to legalize gay marriage moves to Illinois Senate floor
February 5, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A measure to legalize gay marriage in Illinois has cleared a State Senate committee.
The bill will move to the Senate floor where supporters believe it has the votes to pass.
That could happen as early as next week but it has different wording than an earlier measure.
To satisfy Republican objections, the measure legalizes gay marriage but says places of worship would not be forced to conduct marriage ceremonies.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 28 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says 51 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos