Bill to legalize gay marriage moves to Illinois Senate floor
February 5, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A measure to legalize gay marriage in Illinois has cleared a State Senate committee.
The bill will move to the Senate floor where supporters believe it has the votes to pass.
That could happen as early as next week but it has different wording than an earlier measure.
To satisfy Republican objections, the measure legalizes gay marriage but says places of worship would not be forced to conduct marriage ceremonies.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 15 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 39 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos