Family sues NIU fraternity Pi Kappa Alpha in alleged hazing death of pledge David Bogenberger
February 15, 2013 (SYCAMORE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The family of Northern Illinois University freshman David Bogenberger has filed a wrongful death suit against the fraternity involved in a hazing incident last fall
Relatives of 19-year-old Bogenberger are suing the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity and 22-students involved in the pledge event that left the Palatine teen dead.
The family's attorney says frat members required Bogenberger to keep drinking vodka during a party last November to get accepted into the organization.
An autopsy concluded alcohol intoxication contributed significantly to Bogenberger's death.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos