Family sues NIU fraternity Pi Kappa Alpha in alleged hazing death of pledge David Bogenberger
February 15, 2013 (SYCAMORE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The family of Northern Illinois University freshman David Bogenberger has filed a wrongful death suit against the fraternity involved in a hazing incident last fall
Relatives of 19-year-old Bogenberger are suing the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity and 22-students involved in the pledge event that left the Palatine teen dead.
The family's attorney says frat members required Bogenberger to keep drinking vodka during a party last November to get accepted into the organization.
An autopsy concluded alcohol intoxication contributed significantly to Bogenberger's death.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 6 min ago
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up 1 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 41 min ago
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
6 min ago
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
1 min ago