Quinn promotes state tax prep services
February 16, 2013 (WLS) -- With the April tax filing deadline now less than two months away, Governor Quinn Saturday urged Illinois' working families to use the state's free tax-preparation services.
The governor also urged people to apply for the state's expanded earned income tax credit program which aims to maximize tax savings and ties exemptions to inflation.
"The average person get $2,000 back on this tax refund. This is really important for the consumers of Illinois," Quinn said.
Free tax preparation services can be used by families making less than $50,000 a year or individuals making less than $25,000.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 15 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 31 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77