Quinn promotes state tax prep services
February 16, 2013 (WLS) -- With the April tax filing deadline now less than two months away, Governor Quinn Saturday urged Illinois' working families to use the state's free tax-preparation services.
The governor also urged people to apply for the state's expanded earned income tax credit program which aims to maximize tax savings and ties exemptions to inflation.
"The average person get $2,000 back on this tax refund. This is really important for the consumers of Illinois," Quinn said.
Free tax preparation services can be used by families making less than $50,000 a year or individuals making less than $25,000.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers 26 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 40 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos