Illinois gay marriage vote could come Tuesday
February 26, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A same-sex marriage bill could come to a vote in an Illinois House committee today.
The Senate approved the measure earlier this month with a Democratic majority and one Republican vote.
A House committee is expected to pass and advance the bill, which could be approved within two weeks.
President Barack Obama has urged Illinois lawmakers to pass it. Governor Pat Quinn says he will sign the bill.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion 48 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize 33 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 19 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
16 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
48 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
33 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
30 min ago