Illinois gay marriage vote could come Tuesday
February 26, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A same-sex marriage bill could come to a vote in an Illinois House committee today.
The Senate approved the measure earlier this month with a Democratic majority and one Republican vote.
A House committee is expected to pass and advance the bill, which could be approved within two weeks.
President Barack Obama has urged Illinois lawmakers to pass it. Governor Pat Quinn says he will sign the bill.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 44 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 43 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All