Illinois gay marriage vote could come Tuesday
February 26, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A same-sex marriage bill could come to a vote in an Illinois House committee today.
The Senate approved the measure earlier this month with a Democratic majority and one Republican vote.
A House committee is expected to pass and advance the bill, which could be approved within two weeks.
President Barack Obama has urged Illinois lawmakers to pass it. Governor Pat Quinn says he will sign the bill.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 51 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 12 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- ABC7 To Go 3-10-14
6 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
51 min ago