Dixon teachers reportedly plan to strike Thursday
February 27, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Classes are cancelled for tomorrow at public schools in Dixon, Illinois.
According to the school district's website, teachers plan to go on strike.
Dixon is located about 100 miles west of Chicago in Lee County. A negotiating session is planned for Thursday night.
On its Facebook page, the school district advises parents that it's unlikely there will be school on Friday even if a deal is reached. The strike affects more than 2700 students in grades K-12.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout