Dixon teachers reportedly plan to strike Thursday
February 27, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Classes are cancelled for tomorrow at public schools in Dixon, Illinois.
According to the school district's website, teachers plan to go on strike.
Dixon is located about 100 miles west of Chicago in Lee County. A negotiating session is planned for Thursday night.
On its Facebook page, the school district advises parents that it's unlikely there will be school on Friday even if a deal is reached. The strike affects more than 2700 students in grades K-12.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 9 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 12 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
38 min ago