Dixon teachers reportedly plan to strike Thursday
February 27, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Classes are cancelled for tomorrow at public schools in Dixon, Illinois.
According to the school district's website, teachers plan to go on strike.
Dixon is located about 100 miles west of Chicago in Lee County. A negotiating session is planned for Thursday night.
On its Facebook page, the school district advises parents that it's unlikely there will be school on Friday even if a deal is reached. The strike affects more than 2700 students in grades K-12.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th 4 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 49 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
49 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos