State-of-the-art van will help state police crime scene investigators
February 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police have a new high tech tool to help crime scene investigators.
It's refurbished 19-foot van that can help with every aspect of evidence collection at the scene of a major crime.
The van is equipped with the tools needed to process a crime scene and state-of-the-art technology to label evidence and file it directly into the computer database.
The vehicle will serve McHenry, Lake, Kane, Cook, Will and Kankakee counties.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in...
49 min ago