Hundreds of workers on strike at UIUC
March 11, 2013 (URBANA, Ill.) (WLS) -- More than 700 workers at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus are on strike.
Building and food service workers voted to reject university management's latest proposal.
The three-day strike began after midnight.
Wages are just one area separating the two sides. Union leaders say the three-day strike will severely cripple the university.
But the university says dining halls will be open as scheduled, trash will be removed and cleaning will continue.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 3 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 18 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 24 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits