More jobs, unemployment up in Illinois
March 21, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Illinois added more jobs in February, but for the second month in a row, the unemployment rate was up.
Unemployment rose to 9.5 percent.
That was up from nine percent in January.
At the same time Illinois added 12,400 new jobs.
Authorities say the unemployment number is determined by the number of people looking for work.
So it can go up as more start looking for jobs again.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77