More jobs, unemployment up in Illinois
March 21, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Illinois added more jobs in February, but for the second month in a row, the unemployment rate was up.
Unemployment rose to 9.5 percent.
That was up from nine percent in January.
At the same time Illinois added 12,400 new jobs.
Authorities say the unemployment number is determined by the number of people looking for work.
So it can go up as more start looking for jobs again.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year