Harrisburg to receive $1.5M in federal disaster relief
March 28, 2013 (HARRISBURG, Ill.) -- Downstate Harrisburg, Illinois, will receive more than $1.5 million in federal disaster relief.
- PHOTOS: Midwest tornadoes kill 9
The city also experienced flooding in 2011.
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin Says the money will be used to help improve the city's waste water treatment plant and protect against future floods.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
55 min ago