Gov. Quinn proclaims April 'Earth Month' in Illinois
April 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn recognized Loyola for its sustainability, and encouraged other universities to follow suit.
On Tuesday, the governor proclaimed April "Earth Month" in Illinois.
Quinn recognized Loyola University of Chicago for its commitment to campus sustainability at the 2013 Sustainable Schools Symposium. Loyola University's green activities include a biodiesel lab and a campus bike-share project.
Quinn's office says the symposium is part of his agenda to make Illinois a national leader in sustainability.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 4 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 9 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos