Gov. Quinn proclaims April 'Earth Month' in Illinois
April 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn recognized Loyola for its sustainability, and encouraged other universities to follow suit.
On Tuesday, the governor proclaimed April "Earth Month" in Illinois.
Quinn recognized Loyola University of Chicago for its commitment to campus sustainability at the 2013 Sustainable Schools Symposium. Loyola University's green activities include a biodiesel lab and a campus bike-share project.
Quinn's office says the symposium is part of his agenda to make Illinois a national leader in sustainability.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 2 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 7 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest 31 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station 45 min ago
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking 25 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
7 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos