Quinn helps foster sister school pairing
April 6, 2013 (MEXICO CITY) (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn is helping foster a sister school relationship between a Chicago high school and one in Mexico City.
The governor is in Mexico on a trade mission.
His office provided pictures of Quinn hand delivering letters and gifts from Benito Juarez High School in Chicago to a Mexican high school with the same name.
The goal of the sister school relationship is to promote cultural understanding.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds