Charges filed in death of Trooper Kyle Deatherage on I-55
April 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Johnny B. Felton, Jr., 52, is charged with reckless driving in a crash that killed Illinois State Police Trooper Kyle Deatherage.
Deatherage, 32, was struck by a semi tractor-trailer truck on I-55 at milepost 62 near Litchfield, which is about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis, Mo., on November 26, 2012. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Felton faces two felony charges, including reckless homicide and operating a commercial motor vehicle without a valid license. Felton's commercial license issued out of Georgia permitted intrastate commerce only, officials said.
Felton was arrested on April 23, 2013. His bond was set at $250,000.00 on the two charges.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 14 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 13 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after...
14 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos