Charges filed in death of Trooper Kyle Deatherage on I-55
April 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Johnny B. Felton, Jr., 52, is charged with reckless driving in a crash that killed Illinois State Police Trooper Kyle Deatherage.
Deatherage, 32, was struck by a semi tractor-trailer truck on I-55 at milepost 62 near Litchfield, which is about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis, Mo., on November 26, 2012. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Felton faces two felony charges, including reckless homicide and operating a commercial motor vehicle without a valid license. Felton's commercial license issued out of Georgia permitted intrastate commerce only, officials said.
Felton was arrested on April 23, 2013. His bond was set at $250,000.00 on the two charges.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 56 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 57 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 46 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
55 min ago