Man charged in house fire that killed 4 children
May 10, 2013 (PERCY, Ill.) -- Prosecutors in Randolph County have filed first-degree murder charges against a suspect in connection with an overnight house fire that killed four Illinois children.
Randolph County State's Attorney Jeremy Walker announced Friday that a criminal complaint has been filed against Derrick J. Twardoski. The statement from the state's attorney's office says Twardoski is being held without bond pending a first court appearance at the Randolph County Jail.
His first court appearance is scheduled for Monday.
Earlier Friday, Walker identified the victims as four members of the Owen family: 12-year-old Ethan, 9-year-old Kailey and 5-year-old twins Brandon and Landon.
He says another child suffered smoke inhalation and is being treated at a hospital. The children's parents and an 18-year-old woman also escaped the fire.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos