Man charged in house fire that killed 4 children
May 10, 2013 (PERCY, Ill.) -- Prosecutors in Randolph County have filed first-degree murder charges against a suspect in connection with an overnight house fire that killed four Illinois children.
Randolph County State's Attorney Jeremy Walker announced Friday that a criminal complaint has been filed against Derrick J. Twardoski. The statement from the state's attorney's office says Twardoski is being held without bond pending a first court appearance at the Randolph County Jail.
His first court appearance is scheduled for Monday.
Earlier Friday, Walker identified the victims as four members of the Owen family: 12-year-old Ethan, 9-year-old Kailey and 5-year-old twins Brandon and Landon.
He says another child suffered smoke inhalation and is being treated at a hospital. The children's parents and an 18-year-old woman also escaped the fire.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 20 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas 34 min ago
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen 46 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen
42 min ago