Last barge recovered from Marseilles dam after flooding
June 18, 2013 (MARSEILLES, Ill.) (WLS) -- The last partially submerged barge has been pulled from the Marseilles dam.
Seven barges broke loose when the Illinois River flooded back in April.
Since then, the Army Corps of Engineers, the Coast Guard, and a barge company have been working to keep the area safe while the barges were recovered.
Five gates at the Marseilles Dam were damaged and two were inoperable.
The Army Corps of Engineers built a temporary dike downstream from the dam.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car... 39 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 59 min ago
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend 12 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos