Last barge recovered from Marseilles dam after flooding
June 18, 2013 (MARSEILLES, Ill.) (WLS) -- The last partially submerged barge has been pulled from the Marseilles dam.
Seven barges broke loose when the Illinois River flooded back in April.
Since then, the Army Corps of Engineers, the Coast Guard, and a barge company have been working to keep the area safe while the barges were recovered.
Five gates at the Marseilles Dam were damaged and two were inoperable.
The Army Corps of Engineers built a temporary dike downstream from the dam.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos