Experimental plane crashes in NW Illinois
July 7, 2013 (SANDWICH, Ill.) (WLS) -- A small experimental plane headed to Waukegan made a crash landing in northwestern Illinois.
The Federal Aviation Administration says it was a home-built aircraft with one engine and was flying from a small airport near St. Louis.
The pilot reported an engine problem and had to do an emergency landing in a field three miles outside of Sandwich near DeKalb.
Two people were on board, but neither was hurt.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 6 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
6 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos