Police: Beating of pregnant woman possibly gang-related
July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The beating of a pregnant woman in Chicago's Back of the Yards neighborhood may have been gang-related, Chicago police said.
The attack happened Monday night in the 4800 block of South Laflin.
The woman's unborn baby died after the beating.
Police say the victim was about 7 ½ months pregnant. She was beaten by a group of people.
The woman was knocked to the ground and punched in the stomach, according to authorities.
No arrests have been made.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77