Police: Beating of pregnant woman possibly gang-related
July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The beating of a pregnant woman in Chicago's Back of the Yards neighborhood may have been gang-related, Chicago police said.
The attack happened Monday night in the 4800 block of South Laflin.
The woman's unborn baby died after the beating.
Police say the victim was about 7 ½ months pregnant. She was beaten by a group of people.
The woman was knocked to the ground and punched in the stomach, according to authorities.
No arrests have been made.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 26 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
20 min ago