Environmental groups sue over Illiana project
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is a potential roadblock in the proposed Illiana Expressway project.
That tollway would connect I-55 in Will County to I-65 in Indiana.
Now, environmental groups are suing the state to stop the project.
They say the environmental study is flawed and the federal highway administration should not have approved it.
The Illinois Department of Transportation says it is reviewing the lawsuit.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 32 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 49 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 29 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
32 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
49 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
38 min ago