$144M in federal flood aid distributed in Illinois
July 26, 2013 (WLS) -- More than $144 million in federal disaster assistance has been distributed to those impacted by spring flooding in Illinois.
58,000 individuals and households have been helped.
Much of that money has gone to help pay for temporary rentals and home repair costs.
People living in 35 counties are eligible for assistance, including Cook, Kane and Lake.
FEMA has extended the deadline to register for federal aid to August 8, 2013.
cook county, kane county, lake county illinois, illinois news
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand