$144M in federal flood aid distributed in Illinois
July 26, 2013 (WLS) -- More than $144 million in federal disaster assistance has been distributed to those impacted by spring flooding in Illinois.
58,000 individuals and households have been helped.
Much of that money has gone to help pay for temporary rentals and home repair costs.
People living in 35 counties are eligible for assistance, including Cook, Kane and Lake.
FEMA has extended the deadline to register for federal aid to August 8, 2013.
cook county, kane county, lake county illinois, illinois news
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas