Swine flu case confirmed in Illinois
August 1, 2013 (WLS) -- There is now one confirmed case of swine flu in Illinois.
A child in Boone County contracted a mild form of the virus while helping an exhibitor at the DuPage County Fair last month.
To avoid getting the illness, health officials urge you to wash your hands after exposure to animals, not to take food or drinks into areas with animals, and avoid contact with animals if you have flu-like symptoms.
So far there have been more than a dozen cases of the swine flu in the U.S. this year.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend 50 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held 51 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27 44 min ago
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- Bitter cold expected to last through the...
50 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open,...
51 min ago
- The Ditka you didn't know
59 min ago