Illinois State Fair starts next week
August 1, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The 161st Illinois State Fair kicks off one week from Thursday in Springfield.
This year's theme is "Illinois Comes Together," to celebrate the history and heritage of agriculture across the state.
Along with the agriculture events and rides, some big-name singers will be performing at the grandstand.
They include: John Mayer, Phillip Phillips, and Toby Keith.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 13 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 40 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77