Illinois State Fair starts next week
August 1, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The 161st Illinois State Fair kicks off one week from Thursday in Springfield.
This year's theme is "Illinois Comes Together," to celebrate the history and heritage of agriculture across the state.
Along with the agriculture events and rides, some big-name singers will be performing at the grandstand.
They include: John Mayer, Phillip Phillips, and Toby Keith.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year