Stanley Cup still making rounds in Illinois
August 18, 2013 ( BLOOMINGTON, Ill.) -- The Stanley Cup is still making the rounds in Illinois. The (Bloomington) Pantagraph reports that Jay Blunk, the vice president of the Blackhawks, took it to a Bloomington fire station Saturday night.
The cup was set to be on public display in downtown Danvers on Sunday afternoon.
The Hawks won the championship over the Boston Bruins in June. Since then the Stanley Cup has been all over Chicago and in Springfield, among other places.
The Stanley Cup made similar rounds in Illinois in 2010 when the Blackhawks last won the championship.
chicago blackhawks, illinois news
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos