Stanley Cup still making rounds in Illinois
August 18, 2013 ( BLOOMINGTON, Ill.) -- The Stanley Cup is still making the rounds in Illinois. The (Bloomington) Pantagraph reports that Jay Blunk, the vice president of the Blackhawks, took it to a Bloomington fire station Saturday night.
The cup was set to be on public display in downtown Danvers on Sunday afternoon.
The Hawks won the championship over the Boston Bruins in June. Since then the Stanley Cup has been all over Chicago and in Springfield, among other places.
The Stanley Cup made similar rounds in Illinois in 2010 when the Blackhawks last won the championship.
chicago blackhawks, illinois news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer