Gov. Quinn passes law allowing electronic proof of insurance
August 23, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- No more shuffling through your glove compartment for your insurance card. Governor Quinn signed legislation Friday allowing Illinois residents to use their smart phones or tablets to show proof of auto insurance.
Currently, 14 other states allow drivers to exchange the traditional paper proof for an app on their phone.
Some insurance companies already offer the service.
The new law takes effect immediately.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 16 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 2 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster 1 min ago
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Signs of spring under blanket of snow
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
2 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
38 min ago
- Festival Fridays
41 min ago