Law enforcement will crack down on drunk drivers Labor Day weekend
August 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Safety officials want to inform motorists of numerous stepped-up traffic enforcement details over the holiday weekend, including roadside safety checks and late-night seat belt enforcement zones.
The Illinois Department of Transportation will partner with the Chicago Police Department, Illinois State Police and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to educate the community about smart ways to travel this weekend.
A news conference will be held on Thursday, August 29 at 10:00 a.m. at Buckingham Fountain in Chicago to warn motorists that impaired driving or failure to buckle up, especially during late-night hours, will get you arrested or ticketed.WHO:
- Andre Ashmore, Deputy Secretary, Illinois Department of Transportation
- Sergeant Scott Slavin, Chicago Police Department
- Lt. Dave Bryd, Illinois State Police
- Kari Kinnard, Region 5 Program Manager, NHTSA
IDOT and other agency representatives will be available to discuss the merits of the "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" and "Click It or Ticket" campaigns.
Beginning August 16, over 400 Illinois law enforcement agencies joined the state police reminding motorists to "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" and "Click It or Ticket."
- Thursday, August 29, 2013, 10:00 a.m.
Buckingham Fountain (South of fountain in Rose Garden)
Parking on Balbo between Lake Shore Dr & Columbus Ave on North side of street (Sidewalk by Rose Garden)
Rain Location: Chicago PD Media Room 1718 S. State St.
Parking - South lot off 18th St.
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 16 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 34 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- Cooking With Fish
12 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
47 min ago