Illinois Tollway scofflaws list published, read it here
August 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Tollway scofflaws list includes the names 157 companies that have racked up more than $1,000 in fines.
The Illinois Tollway Authority says a suburban Frankfort trucking company is the state's biggest scofflaw. Landa Transport reportedly owes nearly $215,000 in unpaid tolls and fines.
It's one of more than 150 companies now listed on the Tollway Authority's website. Individual names could be posted next. They, too, would need to owe more than $1,000 in tollway fines
A spokesperson says the Tollway Authority has already taken other steps to collect.
"It's not really about shaming people but to let everybody know that we're very serious. Not just these businesses but everybody else out there who may be at some stage in that process," said Kristi Lafleur, executive director, Illinois Tollway.
ABC7 was unable to reach anyone from Landa Transport for comment.
Illinois Tollway scofflaw website:
- Officer in good condition following police chase 50 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...