'Bud Lab' beer research center to open at University of Illinois
September 3, 2013 (CHAMPAIGN, Ill.) (WLS) -- The maker of Budweiser beer is opening a "Bud Lab" at the University of Illinois.
No, it's not a clever name for a bar or tavern-- the Bud Lab will be a market research center.
Workers and students at the lab will study and analyze data on how things like social media, market trends and other factors affect the marketplace.
The facility will be in the campus research park.
The grand opening will be on Friday.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 16 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 17 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 50 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 3 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos