I-55 bank robber suspect Andrew Maberry surrenders to FBI
September 12, 2013 (ST. LOUIS) (WLS) -- The I-55 bank robber suspect has turned himself in, FBI agents say.
Andrew Maberry, 19, of O'Fallon, Ill., was arrested and charged with one federal count of bank robbery in a July heist at a Commerce Bank in the St. Louis suburb of Arnold, FBI agents said.
Maberry's surrender came less than 24 hours after the FBI started a wanted campaign and dubbed him the "I-55 Bandit."
Maberry is suspected in 10 robberies and two robbery attempts since May at banks in Illinois, Missouri, Maryland, West Virginia and Tennessee. Some of the crimes occurred near Interstate 55.
The FBI has not disclosed the amount of money taken.
It is not clear if Maberry has an attorney.
The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 7 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 17 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
44 min ago
- NLEI's Construct Program
50 min ago