I-55 bank robber suspect Andrew Maberry surrenders to FBI
September 12, 2013 (ST. LOUIS) (WLS) -- The I-55 bank robber suspect has turned himself in, FBI agents say.
Andrew Maberry, 19, of O'Fallon, Ill., was arrested and charged with one federal count of bank robbery in a July heist at a Commerce Bank in the St. Louis suburb of Arnold, FBI agents said.
Maberry's surrender came less than 24 hours after the FBI started a wanted campaign and dubbed him the "I-55 Bandit."
Maberry is suspected in 10 robberies and two robbery attempts since May at banks in Illinois, Missouri, Maryland, West Virginia and Tennessee. Some of the crimes occurred near Interstate 55.
The FBI has not disclosed the amount of money taken.
It is not clear if Maberry has an attorney.
The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved.
- Alsip refinery fire after possible explosion 5 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights 48 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges 49 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago 51 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 32 min ago
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold 52 min ago
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
48 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
49 min ago