Illinois' first West Nile virus death of season reported in Logan County
September 13, 2013 (LOGAN COUNTY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Illinois' first West Nile virus death of the season has been reported.
The victim is an elderly resident in Logan County who became ill with West Nile virus in mid-August.
Experts say the first death occurred later than usual.
Even with these cooler temperatures, West Nile virus is a threat until the first hard freeze, so protection from mosquito bites is recommended.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 30 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 46 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 24 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 2 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 7 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- 7 in :77
10 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
30 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
46 min ago