Illinois' first West Nile virus death of season reported in Logan County
September 13, 2013 (LOGAN COUNTY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Illinois' first West Nile virus death of the season has been reported.
The victim is an elderly resident in Logan County who became ill with West Nile virus in mid-August.
Experts say the first death occurred later than usual.
Even with these cooler temperatures, West Nile virus is a threat until the first hard freeze, so protection from mosquito bites is recommended.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 44 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Dog rescued from icy Lake Michigan 9 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago 48 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine 39 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD