Congressman Bobby Rush takes leave of absence
September 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Bobby Rush is taking a leave of absence while his wife, Carolyn, has surgery.
His office released a statement: The Congressman was granted an official leave of absence effective Sept. 12, 2013 to be with his wife Carolyn as she undergoes major surgery. He is grateful for the prayers, support and well wishes extended to him and his family on behalf of Mrs. Rush.
Rush represents the 1st District of Illinois.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 7 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 56 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 54 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 39 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos