Group comes out against Illiana Expy.
September 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Too costly and unnecessary: that's what some officials call the proposed Illiana Expressway.
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning is against the proposed toll road that would link I-55 and I-57 in Illinois with I-65 in Indiana.
Their report says the road, built and operated under a public-private partnership, would put the state at financial risk because there is not enough growth expected to occur along the roadway to generate tolls to sustain the highway.Some environmental groups are suing the state to stop the project. They say the environmental study is flawed and the Federal Highway Administration should not have approved it.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
3 min ago