Governor Pat Quinn grants clemency to dozens
October 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn granted clemency to 65 people Friday.
His office says the governor is working to eliminate a backlog of more than 2,500 cases built up during the previous administration.
The governor also denied 124 clemency petitions Friday.
Since Quinn took office he has acted on 26,000 clemency requests.
He's turned down more than he's approved.
pat quinn, illinois news
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 31 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 21 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
31 min ago