DUI charges in crash that killed Pontiac Police Officer Casey Kohlmeier, police dog 'Draco'
November 1, 2013 (PONTIAC, Ill.) (WLS) -- A man is charged with DUI in the crash that killed Pontiac Police Officer Casey Kohlmeier and his K-9 partner, police dog ''Draco.''
Jason C. Collins, 33, of West Columbia, South Carolina, is charged with aggravated DUI in the the crash on October 30 on I-55. Kohlmeier's squad car was in the median when it was struck by the vehicle driven by Collins, official said.
Collins was taken into custody after he was dismissed from a local hospital on October 31, 2013. He is at Livingston County Jail, awaiting his arraignment on the felony charges.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 5 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap