DUI charges in crash that killed Pontiac Police Officer Casey Kohlmeier, police dog 'Draco'
November 1, 2013 (PONTIAC, Ill.) (WLS) -- A man is charged with DUI in the crash that killed Pontiac Police Officer Casey Kohlmeier and his K-9 partner, police dog ''Draco.''
Jason C. Collins, 33, of West Columbia, South Carolina, is charged with aggravated DUI in the the crash on October 30 on I-55. Kohlmeier's squad car was in the median when it was struck by the vehicle driven by Collins, official said.
Collins was taken into custody after he was dismissed from a local hospital on October 31, 2013. He is at Livingston County Jail, awaiting his arraignment on the felony charges.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 36 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings 39 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run 55 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos