DUI charges in crash that killed Pontiac Police Officer Casey Kohlmeier, police dog 'Draco'
November 1, 2013 (PONTIAC, Ill.) (WLS) -- A man is charged with DUI in the crash that killed Pontiac Police Officer Casey Kohlmeier and his K-9 partner, police dog ''Draco.''
Jason C. Collins, 33, of West Columbia, South Carolina, is charged with aggravated DUI in the the crash on October 30 on I-55. Kohlmeier's squad car was in the median when it was struck by the vehicle driven by Collins, official said.
Collins was taken into custody after he was dismissed from a local hospital on October 31, 2013. He is at Livingston County Jail, awaiting his arraignment on the felony charges.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...