Sam Zell is richest person in Illinois, report says; Gayle Cook, John Menard Jr. top lists for Indiana, Wisconsin
November 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Many people know the richest man in America is Bill Gates, with an estimated worth of $70 billion dollars, but who is the richest person in Illinois?
The Wealth X website has released a list out of the wealthiest people in each state.
According to the website, nine states have no billionaires, but Illinois is not one of them.
Entrepreneur Sam Zell is listed as the wealthiest person in Illinois with $3.8 billion.
Gayle Cook tops the list in Indiana, with $4.8 billion. She founded Cook Group, a medical devices company.
In Wisconsin, John Menard Jr., founder of the home improvement chain Menards, is the wealthiest person with $7.3 billion.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 7 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 12 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street 21 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos