Rock to the Rescue concert raised $300K for Washington, Illinois tornado victims
December 6, 2013 (WASHINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Authorities say this week's Rock to the Rescue benefit concert for Illinois tornado victims has raised about $300,000.
Wednesday night's sold-out concert at the Bloomington Coliseum featured Styx, REO Speedwagon and Richard Marx.
Meanwhile, the cleanup effort goes on in tornado damaged Washington, Illinois.
Town authorities say only about 20 percent of the debris from the tornado that touched down last month has been removed.
City removal will continue but the town is asking home owners to help as much as they can.
Washington's mayor estimates that city has lost nearly half of its property tax value.
About 1,000 homes were destroyed or damaged.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 15 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 6 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago 34 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Set clocks ahead 1 hour for daylight savings
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD