Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
December 9, 2013 (WLS) -- A statewide effort is underway focused on educating the public about the importance of getting a flu vaccine.
Public health departments and healthcare organizations across the state have teamed up for the effort, "Vaccinate Illinois Week."
The peak flu season is in January, and it takes about two weeks for the vaccine to have its maximum benefit. So, officials say now is a good time to get your flu shot.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 1 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 5 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 42 min ago
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 44 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
1 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
5 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
15 min ago