Gov. Quinn visits Jesse Brown Veterans Food Pantry
December 17, 2013 (WLS) -- Governor Pat Quinn talked about the importance of helping feed the needy this holiday season.
The governor was at the Jesse Brown Veterans Food Pantry which is at the Jesse Brown VA Center. It serves veterans under a partnership with the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
The pantry is one of the largest in the nation and expects to feed thousands of Illinois veterans who live below the poverty line.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home 54 min ago
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 29 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 25 min ago
- 7 in 77