Gifts delivered to Ill. tornado-ravaged town; Giffords receives gifts courtesy of Lt. Governor Sheila Simon
December 20, 2013 (GIFFORDS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A load of Christmas gifts was delivered Friday to the central Illinois town of Gifford, courtesy of Lt. Governor Shelia Simon. Gifford was hit hard by last month's tornado outbreak.
Simon collected the items at her offices in Springfield, Chicago and Carbondale as part of a project known as "Granting Wishes for Gifford."
It was started by a Gifford native who used social media to spark donations of toys, games and gift cards.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...