70 mph speed limit to take effect on Illinois interstates
December 31, 2013 (WLS) -- Starting Wednesday, drivers on some Illinois interstates will be able to indulge their need for speed without risking a ticket.
The new 70 mph speed limit will take effect on rural interstates across Illinois, but not in Chicago.
Crews will start to post new speed limit signs over the next few days, so keep an eye out when you hit the road.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 4 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 10 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 10 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 29 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 40 min ago
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
13 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
4 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
10 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
10 min ago