70 mph speed limit to take effect on Illinois interstates
December 31, 2013 (WLS) -- Starting Wednesday, drivers on some Illinois interstates will be able to indulge their need for speed without risking a ticket.
The new 70 mph speed limit will take effect on rural interstates across Illinois, but not in Chicago.
Crews will start to post new speed limit signs over the next few days, so keep an eye out when you hit the road.
- Lake Shore Drive closed Wilson to Foster 9 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos