Toll camera lens cleaners in place; Remote-controlled system for Illinois Tollway first in U.S.
February 17, 2014 (WLS) -- The Illinois Tollway has a new system for cleaning its toll cameras making it easier to catch those trying to avoid paying tolls.
Tollway officials say their remote-controlled camera lens cleaning system is the first of its kind in the United States.
It's a power washer consisting of jet nozzles and hoses to clean the lens, and then followed by a blast of air to dry it.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home