Interstate 55 southbound reopened at Route 47 after multiple crashes
February 17, 2014 (DWIGHT, Ill.) (WLS) -- All southbound lanes of Interstate 55 have been reopened between the Gardner and Dwight exits.
The Illinois State Police told Eyewitness News that driving conditions remain treacherous and multiple crashes have been reported along the stretch. One of the crashes involved extrication from a six-vehicle pileup.
Heavy snow is reported in the area.
Illinois State Police are urging motorists to slow down.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD