Interstate 55 southbound reopened at Route 47 after multiple crashes
February 17, 2014 (DWIGHT, Ill.) (WLS) -- All southbound lanes of Interstate 55 have been reopened between the Gardner and Dwight exits.
The Illinois State Police told Eyewitness News that driving conditions remain treacherous and multiple crashes have been reported along the stretch. One of the crashes involved extrication from a six-vehicle pileup.
Heavy snow is reported in the area.
Illinois State Police are urging motorists to slow down.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 32 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 37 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street 46 min ago
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 7 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 15 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos