Man allegedly sent lewd messages to Ashanti
December 10, 2009 (Griffith, Ind.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana man is accused of stalking singer Ashanti.
Investigators say 31-year old Devar Hurd of Griffith, Ind., sent the performer and her mother several crude text messages.
Prosecutors say they received dozens of messages on their cell phones before Hurd was arrested in July. They say the messages included lewd comments about Ashanti's performances and her relationship with rapper Nelly.
Hurd has entered a not guilty plea and is being held on bond.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS student 16 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim 5 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House 22 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Dick Evey, former Bears' first-round pick, dies at 72
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 2nd video allegedly shows guard push CPS...
16 min ago
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
22 min ago