Man allegedly sent lewd messages to Ashanti
December 10, 2009 (Griffith, Ind.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana man is accused of stalking singer Ashanti.
Investigators say 31-year old Devar Hurd of Griffith, Ind., sent the performer and her mother several crude text messages.
Prosecutors say they received dozens of messages on their cell phones before Hurd was arrested in July. They say the messages included lewd comments about Ashanti's performances and her relationship with rapper Nelly.
Hurd has entered a not guilty plea and is being held on bond.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits