Prosecutor: Ind. man sentenced for sex with 6-year-old
February 26, 2010 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- A Hammond, Ind. man has been sentenced to 35 years in prison for molesting a 6-year-old girl, a Lake County prosecutor said Friday.
Lake County authorities say John Vivian Guthrie, Jr., 32, was convicted of child molestation on January 21, after a Lake Superior Court jury deliberated for approximately two hours.
Prosecutor Bernard A. Carter said, on July 5, 2008, the girl told her mother that Guthrie had sex with her at his house while her brothers, who were also there, were sleeping. She reportedly said Guthrie told her not to tell anyone.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit