Prosecutor: Ind. man sentenced for sex with 6-year-old
February 26, 2010 (CROWN POINT, Ind.) (WLS) -- A Hammond, Ind. man has been sentenced to 35 years in prison for molesting a 6-year-old girl, a Lake County prosecutor said Friday.
Lake County authorities say John Vivian Guthrie, Jr., 32, was convicted of child molestation on January 21, after a Lake Superior Court jury deliberated for approximately two hours.
Prosecutor Bernard A. Carter said, on July 5, 2008, the girl told her mother that Guthrie had sex with her at his house while her brothers, who were also there, were sleeping. She reportedly said Guthrie told her not to tell anyone.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area