Amber Alert canceled; Gary girl found
March 3, 2010 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A girl who had been missing since Tuesday morning has been found, according to Gary, Ind., police.
A Gary police detective said he found 3-year-old Naomi Primos in a housing projects in Chicago Heights and was bringing her to Northlake Hospital in Gary as a precaution. She will be reunited there with her mother, Jackie Primos.
The Amber Alert that was issued for Primos has been canceled. Earlier police said she was in 'extreme danger' and they were looking for her mother's boyfriend.
Naomi was last seen Tuesday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. According to the toddler's mother, her boyfriend, Nelson Chew, dropped her off at work and was going to spend the rest of the afternoon doing errands with the 3-year-old. They were all supposed to go to choir practice in Gary but Chew never made it and an Amber Alert was issued after Jackie reported her daughter missing to police Tuesday night.
Chew is likely to face some type of charges.
Primos told ABC7 that she trusted her boyfriend of 8 months. There were several times that he took the child to school, choir practice and church.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in 24 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man 2 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos