Amber Alert canceled; Gary girl found
March 3, 2010 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A girl who had been missing since Tuesday morning has been found, according to Gary, Ind., police.
A Gary police detective said he found 3-year-old Naomi Primos in a housing projects in Chicago Heights and was bringing her to Northlake Hospital in Gary as a precaution. She will be reunited there with her mother, Jackie Primos.
The Amber Alert that was issued for Primos has been canceled. Earlier police said she was in 'extreme danger' and they were looking for her mother's boyfriend.
Naomi was last seen Tuesday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. According to the toddler's mother, her boyfriend, Nelson Chew, dropped her off at work and was going to spend the rest of the afternoon doing errands with the 3-year-old. They were all supposed to go to choir practice in Gary but Chew never made it and an Amber Alert was issued after Jackie reported her daughter missing to police Tuesday night.
Chew is likely to face some type of charges.
Primos told ABC7 that she trusted her boyfriend of 8 months. There were several times that he took the child to school, choir practice and church.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 9 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 4 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones 30 min ago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos