Amber Alert canceled; Gary girl found
March 3, 2010 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- A girl who had been missing since Tuesday morning has been found, according to Gary, Ind., police.
A Gary police detective said he found 3-year-old Naomi Primos in a housing projects in Chicago Heights and was bringing her to Northlake Hospital in Gary as a precaution. She will be reunited there with her mother, Jackie Primos.
The Amber Alert that was issued for Primos has been canceled. Earlier police said she was in 'extreme danger' and they were looking for her mother's boyfriend.
Naomi was last seen Tuesday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. According to the toddler's mother, her boyfriend, Nelson Chew, dropped her off at work and was going to spend the rest of the afternoon doing errands with the 3-year-old. They were all supposed to go to choir practice in Gary but Chew never made it and an Amber Alert was issued after Jackie reported her daughter missing to police Tuesday night.
Chew is likely to face some type of charges.
Primos told ABC7 that she trusted her boyfriend of 8 months. There were several times that he took the child to school, choir practice and church.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 6 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- Standoff suspect may be man wanted in Ga....
18 min ago
- Police chase, standoff closes Lake Shore...
35 min ago
- Officer injured in LSD crash following...
45 min ago