Search resumes for missing Indiana Univ. student
June 7, 2011 (BLOOMINGTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police suspect foul play in the disappearance of an Indiana University student.
Dozens of volunteers were out Tuesday searching for 20-year-old Lauren Spierer. She was last seen walking alone about 4:30 Friday morning in Bloomington, Indiana going toward her apartment.
Her parents have traveled from their home in Greenburgh, New York to join the search. Her father asked those who may have seen her to come forward with any information they may have. He described Lauren is a loving girl who calls her mother every day.
"Full of life, always on the go. Fun to be with, had a very large circle of friends, both boys and girls," said Robert Spierer, father.
Police have found her phone, purse and keys.
In addition to searches, Lauren's parents have launched several websites to help find her.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 5 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos