TV show brings 30 to 40 tips on missing IU student
June 12, 2011 (BLOOMINGTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- A missing Indiana University student was featured on a national broadcast Saturday night, prompting 30 to 40 new tips.
But so far, there are no major breakthroughs in the case.
"America's Most Wanted" focused on the disappearance of 20-year-old Lauren Spierer. The Greenburgh, N.Y., resident was last seen walking home alone from a friend's apartment early on June 3. Bloomington police are hoping more calls come in Sunday.
"I think that we are all very hopeful that there will be that one nugget of information, or that one phone call that would come in that would lead us to Lauren. And at this point, that phone call has not been received but we are still encouraged," said Capt. Joe Qualters with the Bloomington Police Department
There are reportedly ten persons of interest in the case, but no one has been arrested.
Searchers aren't giving up. Spierer's father says twice a day searches will continue all week. There are several rewards being offered in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 23 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 29 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 8 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
23 min ago