TV show brings 30 to 40 tips on missing IU student
June 12, 2011 (BLOOMINGTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- A missing Indiana University student was featured on a national broadcast Saturday night, prompting 30 to 40 new tips.
But so far, there are no major breakthroughs in the case.
"America's Most Wanted" focused on the disappearance of 20-year-old Lauren Spierer. The Greenburgh, N.Y., resident was last seen walking home alone from a friend's apartment early on June 3. Bloomington police are hoping more calls come in Sunday.
"I think that we are all very hopeful that there will be that one nugget of information, or that one phone call that would come in that would lead us to Lauren. And at this point, that phone call has not been received but we are still encouraged," said Capt. Joe Qualters with the Bloomington Police Department
There are reportedly ten persons of interest in the case, but no one has been arrested.
Searchers aren't giving up. Spierer's father says twice a day searches will continue all week. There are several rewards being offered in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 21 min ago
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more 9 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
21 min ago
- Trio of new distilleries open in Chicago
10 min ago