TV show brings 30 to 40 tips on missing IU student
June 12, 2011 (BLOOMINGTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- A missing Indiana University student was featured on a national broadcast Saturday night, prompting 30 to 40 new tips.
But so far, there are no major breakthroughs in the case.
"America's Most Wanted" focused on the disappearance of 20-year-old Lauren Spierer. The Greenburgh, N.Y., resident was last seen walking home alone from a friend's apartment early on June 3. Bloomington police are hoping more calls come in Sunday.
"I think that we are all very hopeful that there will be that one nugget of information, or that one phone call that would come in that would lead us to Lauren. And at this point, that phone call has not been received but we are still encouraged," said Capt. Joe Qualters with the Bloomington Police Department
There are reportedly ten persons of interest in the case, but no one has been arrested.
Searchers aren't giving up. Spierer's father says twice a day searches will continue all week. There are several rewards being offered in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 4 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 1 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 7 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 55 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 52 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 59 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77