Missing IU student featured on 'America's Most Wanted'
June 13, 2011 (BLOOMINGTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police got dozens of new tips after a national TV show featured the case of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.
The 20-year-old was last seen on June 3. She was walking home alone from a friend's apartment early that morning, a few hours after she left a popular Bloomington bar.
The TV show "America's Most Wanted" aired an episode on Spierer's case over the weekend. The broadcast generated 30 to 40 tips, but so far there have been no major breakthroughs, police say.
Spierer is from Greenburg, N.Y. Several rewards are being offered in the case. Her family says she has a heart condition.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains