Missing IU student featured on 'America's Most Wanted'
June 13, 2011 (BLOOMINGTON, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police got dozens of new tips after a national TV show featured the case of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.
The 20-year-old was last seen on June 3. She was walking home alone from a friend's apartment early that morning, a few hours after she left a popular Bloomington bar.
The TV show "America's Most Wanted" aired an episode on Spierer's case over the weekend. The broadcast generated 30 to 40 tips, but so far there have been no major breakthroughs, police say.
Spierer is from Greenburg, N.Y. Several rewards are being offered in the case. Her family says she has a heart condition.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 55 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club 52 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour 5 min ago
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot