4 dead after Indiana State Fair stage collapses
August 13, 2011 (INDIANAPOLIS) (WLS) -- A stage collapsed at the Indiana State Fair in Indianapolis, killing four people and injuring at least two dozen others.
It happened just before the country music group Sugarland was about to perform. Officials say a storm swept through the fairgrounds causing the stage rigging to fall.
About 12,000 people were at the concert.
For more on this story, watch ABC7's next news broadcast at 6 a.m. Sunday.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains