4 dead after Indiana State Fair stage collapses
August 13, 2011 (INDIANAPOLIS) (WLS) -- A stage collapsed at the Indiana State Fair in Indianapolis, killing four people and injuring at least two dozen others.
It happened just before the country music group Sugarland was about to perform. Officials say a storm swept through the fairgrounds causing the stage rigging to fall.
About 12,000 people were at the concert.
For more on this story, watch ABC7's next news broadcast at 6 a.m. Sunday.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13 53 min ago
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples\ 39 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos