Stage collapse victim back in hospital, service planned for partner
August 30, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman who was injured in the Indiana State Fair stage collapse is back in the hospital.
According to a website dedicated to her recovery, Alisha Brennon was admitted to the hospital Monday evening after a blood clot broke loose. She's expected to stay there at least one more night.
Brennon and her partner, Christina Santiago, were at the Indiana State Fair earlier this month when a powerful wind gust toppled the stage, killing Santiago and six others.
A memorial service will be held on September 10th to honor Santiago. That service is open to the public and will be held at the Chicago History Museum this Saturday.
A fund set up for the injured victims of the stage collapse has raised more than $240,000. Central Indiana Community Foundation spokesman Mike Knight says the State Fair Remembrance Fund contained $242,404 as of Tuesday.
That total includes $64,753 donated by Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay, who pledged to give $1 per ticket distributed for the team's Aug. 19 preseason game against Washington.
The tally doesn't include donations expected from concert by Train and Maroon 5 that was moved from the state fair to Conseco Fieldhouse.
Seven people have died since being among dozens injured Aug. 13 when strong winds blew the outdoor stage rigging onto people awaiting a performance by the country duo Sugarland.
The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25...
11 min ago