Dyer soldier killed in Afghanistan
April 16, 2012 (WLS) -- A soldier from northwest Indiana has been killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense says Staff Sergeant David Nowaczyk of Dyer, Ind., died in Kunar province Sunday. He was wounded when the enemy attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device.
Sergeant Nowaczky was 32 years old.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 23 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 15 min ago
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- No injuries at South Side high-rise fire
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- Paul Konerko signs White Sox 1-year extension
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen