Mother sues Ind. janitor facing child porn charges
April 19, 2012 (SOUTH BEND, Ind.) -- A mother has filed a lawsuit seeking $500,000 from a former janitor accused of using a hidden camera in a northern Indiana high school locker room to film her son and 41 other boys.
The woman identified in the lawsuit as Jane Doe is seeking damages for her son from 53-year-old Robert Troup of Mishawaka for pain and suffering, emotional distress and for his malicious conduct.
Troup has pleaded not guilty to federal child pornography charges and is being held in the St. Joseph County Jail. He is accused of planting the camera at Penn High School in Mishawaka.
The woman's attorney, Michael Anderson, tells the South Bend Tribune that she filed the lawsuit on April 4 to try to get answers.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos